DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds great. like to see the pods your talking about, it's `a superb idea

Old 12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yo Brownie look into making some fiberglass molding that goes behind the rear wheel wells. When I'm ready to get my audio taken care of (it's gonna be my next mod, my stock stereo setup is all but dead) I'm looking to get 2 12's and it would be best if they weren't in a box taking up all of my space... I personally would want something that looks stock so as not to grab audio thieves attention.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:25 AM
brownie4lif
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea definitely, whatever you can come up with im sure we can make it. the only thing that you need to keep in mind, 12's need more air inside the box (depending on if you want to go ported or non-ported) so the box is going to be bigger so you are kind of limited as to where you can put it. but think of some crazy idea and im sure we can figure it out. when you decide what you'd like the box to look like/where you'd want it make sure you tell me the sub's you are going to be using so i can get the square footage for the enclosure

Old 12-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Mean Green
Champion

I know nothing about car audio so whatever is suggested I'll go with. I was thinking of going with 10's but I was thinking they may be too small for the large interior to get the right sound. Am I right to assume this?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean Green
I know nothing about car audio so whatever is suggested I'll go with. I was thinking of going with 10's but I was thinking they may be too small for the large interior to get the right sound. Am I right to assume this?
If you got a good set of 10's and it is enclosed in a well designed enclosure, it is more than enough for the Durango for everyday music. I would not go bigger than 10's unless you don't mind losing alot of space in the back, possibly even the third row seats if going bigger than 10's.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:47 AM
brownie4lif

i agree completely with kensai. a good set of 10's is more than enough but depending on the brand and all the specs or w-e, anything is possible. right now i have a pair of 10 inch jl w0's which are jl's lowest woofer i believe. its in a bandpass box which kinda makes any decent sub sound good but it takes up my entire trunk (the little space behind my 3rd row) but not too long ago (before i blew up the amp) i had to alpine type s subs (12 inch) in a regular q-logic square box which also fit right behind the seat and i mounted the amp on the side of the box just so i had about a foot to put small stuff next to them. im in the process of finishing up a fiberglass box for 2 12's, it fits exactly the width of the back and its going to be about 4 inches off the ground so an amp or 2 can be mounted underneath it with enough room for air to get there to keep it cool. when thats finished ill take some pics, at least i think it should look cool. spread the word guys, ill build a fiberglass enclosure for anything, just gimme the specs and ill let u know what material and everything is going to cost

Old 12-27-2008, 03:49 AM
brownie4lif

ohh btw, those 2 10s i have slam house.....they definitely pound for being the lowest end subwoofer through JL so im sure upgrading and getting a bigger amp, 10s should be more than enough for everyday music. just a quick little piece of info, 10s sound better for rock, its more of a fast kind of punchy base. compared to a 12 which is more of a slow rolling base. i listen to everything from rock to rap, country to smooth jazz. 10s sound great all around but 12s still give you that extra thump im looking for

Old 12-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Well as I mainly listen to rock and the occasional old school rap/hip hop I guess 10's are in my future.

Quick Reply: How can 5" and 6" speakers both fit?