1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Slidding in the Snow!! Cop didnt believe me

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Capone85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slidding in the Snow!! Cop didnt believe me

I was pulled over by police officer for running a red light in my 2003 dodge durango. I proceeded to tell the office that my car does not do well in the snow and tends to slide in snowy conditions. My intention was to stop before the red light but applying pressure to the break my car started to slid and fishtail my only choice was to go through the red light. I am taking this to court to fight it. My question is has anyone experienced this same sort of issue with the durango slidding in bad weather conditions???

Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope.

In those conditions, you should have been in 4 Hi and the ABS would have prevented any fishtail.

Save up. Paying Courts costs AND the ticket is going to run you double to try to fight it.

IndyD

Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Kensai
Champion

I would think the cops would say that you were travelling too fast or did not allow yourself enough time to slow down towards the intersection giving the hazardous road conditions. Luckily there were no one coming from the right of way as they would have the green light.

As far as the Durango skidding and fishtailing when applying the breaks in snow, I would say maybe your braking system may not be balanced and one of the tires is grabbing too early. Surpised the rear ABS (don't remember if this is standard features for all D's) did not kick in to prevent fishtailing.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You were going too fast for existing conditions.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:50 PM
DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep

Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No fighting that ticket. You were going too fast for the conditions according to the law. Pay the fine and find your issue.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A word of advise from a professional ticket getter.. You will not win this one. your best option is to show up to court and hope the cop does not show. At that point the judge has the "option" to throw it out or go ahead and fine you.. If the cop shows up then you done for.. your best bet from that point is try to have the ticket reduced. This only will happen "if" your recored is clean and the judge is in a good mood.

Another option. Hire an ticket lawyer (known as ticket lawyer, these people are the people who get C and D grades in law school, they get the option to become a ticket lawyer or public defender) Anyways you find a good one that has connections it would be worth it. You get a lazy one and your throwing away $100-200 and still paying the ticket.

You also have the option to get a real lawyer... This is a little more expensive $250-500 but they usually show results. If you ever need to go this route I suggest looking for a "former prosecutor" that now practices in that area.. People who pay that much usually drive for a living such as a CDL driver..

Just need to sit down find out how many points it is on your license and how much it will make you insurance go up. do the math and find out which route would be the cheapest.

By the way what tires do you have on your rig? may need to get some that perform a little better..

Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Kensai
Champion

Also, some states, or municipal city areas allows you to pay part of the fine and go to defensive driving class. After you got your cert from defensive driving school and present it to court, the ticket will not be on record. If this is your first ticket in a long time, just pay the fine and take defensive driving, and the ticket will not be recorded down and your insurance rate won't be affected.

Quick Reply: Slidding in the Snow!! Cop didnt believe me