1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1999 Durango throwing P1765 and P0753

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Jeannie Gordon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pdf please

Originally Posted by master tech
You need to fix your P1765 code 1st, because the power supply relay circuit could be the reason you'll getting code P0753. If you would like the pdf file send an email. Some the list of causes, PCM, wiring Or bad relay.
Hello master Tech,
I have a 99 Durango 5.2 2wd, and its throwing the same 2 codes; P1765 & P0753. I would love to have a copy of the PDF you mentioned in this forum.
Thank you for your time,
Jeannie Gordon

Old 08-09-2020, 09:26 AM
Michael Tristanio

Originally Posted by master tech
You need to fix your P1765 code 1st, because the power supply relay circuit could be the reason you'll getting code P0753. If you would like the pdf file send an email. Some the list of causes, PCM, wiring Or bad relay.
I would like to have the pdf file you mentioned. I'm having the same exact problem with my 1999 Durango 5.2 4x4

Old 12-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Jolly Molotov
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also love to have the pdf file! Having exact same issues and interested in grounding the pink wire as well, already have replaced overdrive solenoid, searched the entire wiring harness for any brakes with no look, reattached to the main ground and check fuses relays etc... I'm at wits end, would love to just know that it's the PCM or anything. also having idling problems and trying to tackle that the best I can but that's a whole different game
I'm I'm new here, thanks

The following users liked this post:
Justynpratt (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 08:49 PM
Justynpratt
Default Help

Originally Posted by Jolly Molotov
I would also love to have the pdf file! Having exact same issues and interested in grounding the pink wire as well, already have replaced overdrive solenoid, searched the entire wiring harness for any brakes with no look, reattached to the main ground and check fuses relays etc... I'm at wits end, would love to just know that it's the PCM or anything. also having idling problems and trying to tackle that the best I can but that's a whole different game
I'm I'm new here, thanks
Hoping someone can help me with the same thing. What pink wire do I need to ground.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:55 PM
Moocindy2003@yahoo.com

May I also have that pdf for these codes you're offering please and thank you in advance.

Old 12-28-2022, 05:28 PM
wallout21
Default Pink wire

Originally Posted by Justynpratt
Hoping someone can help me with the same thing. What pink wire do I need to ground.

did you ever find out where to ground the pink wire and did you still get the same code after grounding it did it so if your issue?

Old 01-02-2023, 03:07 PM
Justynpratt

Originally Posted by wallout21
did you ever find out where to ground the pink wire and did you still get the same code after grounding it did it so if your issue?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I never got an answer so I ended up,(luckily) getting a free 99 Dakota so I did a motor swap and haven't had a problem since LOL I wish I could help you out but I can't

Old 02-07-2023, 09:59 PM
swiftjr
Default Buy a used PROGRAMMED Pcm. I dod for $85 bucks and scored.

There is a pink wire, I believe it's on the center white PCM connector. You simply ground it. Here's the YouTube video. Don't use painters tape.
In my experience with several vehicles, when you trip multiple codes at once, it's usually a bad PCM. I just purchased a 1999 Dodge Durango 5.2l, 94500 miles, 0 miles on a fresh rebuild for $1300! The previous 2 owners could not get it out of limp mode. Multiple codes, usually including P0753 and P7135. $85 bucks on eBay and good as new!!!

My next purchase is a new cold air intake so the PCM can get out from behind the airbox. That's why these go bad so fast is because of the heat.

Last edited by swiftjr; 02-07-2023 at 10:03 PM.
Old Today, 05:47 PM
Matt65737482
Default Question about 1998 dodge Durango 5.2 4x4 auto

So I have 2 codes p1765 and p0753
I have read this whole forum. My only difference is I don’t have any shifting problems it’s like it’s just in limp mode and takes a little to get up to speed. Before this I had a 6 volt battery draw and I had fixed that it was some aftermarket lights the guy installed. And i also had fixed my exhaust because it was cuz before the o2. So now i only have those 2 codes. My overdrive **** is broke off and it’s just the 2 wires and before if you clicked them to gather or just pushed one wire on metal override would turn on. Well now the wires aren’t touching or anything and it keeps going in overdrive and out of overdrive. Still no shifting problem just under power. I checked the relay and fuse there fine. I also did that pink wire trick and nothing happened. What do you suggest I do. This all happened after I plugged in a trailer lights for the first time. But same with the exhaust it had snapped causing it to be fully cut, that had happened on the way to get the trailer. I say all this just in case it has any correlation. I have owned it for a month now and drove is 400 miles just fine and now all this.

Quick Reply: 1999 Durango throwing P1765 and P0753