1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

45RFE/545RFE-HD2 reprogramming kit/shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Digitoxin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 45RFE/545RFE-HD2 reprogramming kit/shift kit

Man, its been a while sense I posted on here, anyway, what I got going on is I installed a 45RFE/545RFE-HD2 trans reprogrammer kit. its like a shift kit. It has different springs to swap out and a element to install on the wires1 & 3 of the sensor on the side of the trans just before the connector. I got all done and went on a test drive anticipating a new feel on shifts. Well 1st to 2nd was hardly noticeable. I did feel 3rd gear go in with a little nudge. Has anyone put a Transco 45RFE/545RFE-HD2 kit in there trans. I really want to figure this out. I do know these trans do have a torque managment in the electronic part of it. I heard there was a wire to cut to bypass that. I don't like the idea of that though. Any help appriciated.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey wazzup Dig????..... Long time no see!

I have the Transgo kit but it's a different one, not to mention it's custom modified and also the valve body was custom built and modified.

I did have the springs replaced once and pressures manually upped. Although I still have torque management which is located in the PCM and although the resister that is installed it still doesn't work as well but this doesn’t seem right? You should have firmer shifts and less ware.

I thought that kit had ream work that needed to be done to the valve body????

I would call the tech on this one from Transgo.

You can also try a PM to master tech

Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 AM
transguy37
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I don't know how much shift kitting you can do to these units. They are clutch to clutch shifting trans. What that means, is that there are not any bands in these units. When you a in 1st gear and it shifts to second gear, one clutch has to come off before the other one can come on. It the other one comes on before the 1st one releases, you will get a bind up. I don't like the new trannies, but thats the way it is.

Quick Reply: 45RFE/545RFE-HD2 reprogramming kit/shift kit