1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Summit racing lists 3 5.2l motoprs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:49 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Summit racing lists 3 5.2l motoprs?

Okay,I was on summit racing online shoppin page=punchied in 1999-Dodge-Durango=they list a 5.2{318},5.2{317},and a 5.2{315}..I know that is just a cubic displacemant number,but that would mean there's 3 different heads...and if they ran the same cam shaft=the compression ratio should be higher in the 315 unless the blocks are bored slightly bigger....Anyone on here ever heard of this 3-5.2s before? the link is below for lazy peeps=lol

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...earchType=Make

Old 03-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When summit takes on new parts from different providers they are labeled directly from the providers production notes. Essentially most are general knowledge misconception.

Lets say im from Germany, i think the 5.2 is 217ci's because i know nothing of magnum engines because i make chainsaw motors. I imput that data into the transcript, and thats what Summit puts.

When i see something like that, makes me shy away from that product if it isnt an obvious typo. They make it but dont know what for haha

Old 03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

Yeah,I just took the time to browse what's available under each=brakes under one and timing chain under another=You eould think the info IT's at Summit would fix that=shows how little the care about a customer in my opinion..Ty for the post back 408

Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DragonOfMadness
Yeah,I just took the time to browse what's available under each=brakes under one and timing chain under another=You eould think the info IT's at Summit would fix that=shows how little the care about a customer in my opinion..Ty for the post back 408
Although summit takes partial responsibility for its products sold, they cant keep track of every part, plus there is legality issues when altering a outside parties product description. I give you an add for a purple car, you sell it as a blue car, the person who buys it wanted a blue car etc etc etc. So summit is just being a vendor.

I know how much of a pain it can be, looking up parts for a 360 having to search on your own to find out if its LA or not because its not in the description can be a pain in the ***.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

yeah but listing parts online should be done right=not like the customer can bring the part back to the store-they have to ship it back...somebody over there just got lazy.....I worked mostly as a road tech and my parts guys were more worried about what they were ordering for lunch then the right part......by the way i looked up that keneshaw bumper=they gotta a nasty rear bumper too and a front with a full brush guard=pit manuever heaven for about 1100bucks> I guess i'll quite drinkin beer to get em=lol

Last edited by DragonOfMadness; 03-15-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep!

It's a 318 and thats final......... LOL

The venders really like to sell parts for what they can get away with. Thing is when they screw up they say read the disclaimer.

Nothin but a bunch of freckin ******** IMHO......

Quick Reply: Summit racing lists 3 5.2l motoprs?