1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

the CEL taunts me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
SchoolBus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the CEL taunts me...

Just thought i would spout off a rant...

Ahhhh, the durango.. where do i start..

so, i drive this brick i call a car, day in day out, up one street and down another, sometimes im driving it with all 5 kids, sometimes im alone with the music so loud i cant think!....

but i never have Problems with the vehicle.. I've come to really love this car. I prefer driving it over the Jeep! i average 1000mi a week, and i try to maintain it along the way.

But spring is here, and spring takes me out of town, into the mountains and over the hills to the beach or even the next state up or below...

and this damn car knows i am no longer in my comfort zone to "Have problems"

It taunts me...

How so you ask?

It likes to play "Guess that code" with the CEL. and when i "Get that code" it magicly goes away. Cleared, cannot find with a scanner.. nada.

Let me elaberate,

This last weekend, i was playing at sandlake. Got the Pigdango Stuck in sand, Aired the tires down to nothing (0-2psi) and 4-lo'd out. aired back up and 2wd.. the vehicle starts surging furiously until i restarted the engine.

NO codes..

3 hours later, cruising 60mph up the coastal hwy 101.. just randomly CEL P-0551

Son of a Bit*h i just Changed the Power steering pressure switch 2 months ago! WTF

20mins later. Light is gone! Noo code!

this couldnt be related to my furious surging problem earlier on the beach..

so everything is fine, i camp out in the woods that night... wake up and decide im going to do some wheelin! I know i know! Durango's on the trail?

Couldnt be anyworse the the IFS FJ Cruiser's that i seen up there!

So i go adventuring the trails, Im doing fine.. all of a sudden im driving in snow.. throw it in 4wd. get out and back down the hill...

BAM CEL P-0700

so, i find out that this code couldnt be any less useful to find the problem..

Everyone says i need to have the TCM scanned with a scanner..

Ok cool, i'l have it done when i get back..

10 mins later, BAM Code gone! 2 hours later, p-2619 WTF? Crank position sensor?

3 hours later.. Every CEL is gone. I am BACK home. and today it has been 4 days sense this problem, All fluids Normal, all systems normal..

The F&^%ING THING WAS HOMESICK...

hahaha..

I put a new TPS in it, and its getting a full tranny service thursday just to make that P-0700 calm me down.. i DONT need Tranny problems..

Old 04-07-2009, 01:01 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great story....

Quick Reply: the CEL taunts me...