1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Some questions about my Durango...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 PM
MOVMX Racer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions about my Durango...

Well guys, I have been searching for answers, and hopefully I can find them here. I have a 1998 Dodge Durango SLT with the 318, it is my first vehicle, and I have some things I want done to it.

I recently replaced the TPS to cure the surging problem, and also replaced the battery. As of now, it runs great, but has no heat (heater core went out, bypassed it for the summer).

I think it is too quiet though... My mom's Dakota has a flowmaster (I dont remember which) on it, and it sounds nice, but I still dont think it is loud enough... I have been looking at the flowmaster super 44 muffler, and want some feedback. Does anyone have a 44 on their durango? I want a nice throaty growl, but not a grainy raw sound; something that I can hear inside, along with it sounding great outside. I might bolt on a $50 K&N intake too over the summer... not sure though.

Also, I replaced the stock 6.5" infinity speakers (infinity system came in it when I bought it) with some 5.5" Xplod speakers I had sitting around (220 watt 4 way), and they produce excellent mid-range, but not enough bass. I have been looking at subwoofers to put in, but I dont know how to install them. I need to know what wires to run where, and any electrical parts required to run two 8" subs in the back behind the third row. (I can build my own box).

My final question is, the front upper parts of my bumper (above plastic, below grille) is rusted out on the drivers side and needs replaced. Is this a common problem? I have seen chrome ones on ebay along with chrome grilles, and I like the look; does anyone have a setup they can recommend for cheap?

Answer as much as possible! Keep in mind that I am young and dont have a bunch of money to blow, so keep it inexpensive please!

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
dscdad77
Default mangnaflo- bro!

hey i have a 99 d and i just put a magnaflo and k&n cold air intake with tornado and sounds damn tough. also my performance increased very noticeably. I also have 5.2. just don't ever take your cat out!! Dsc

Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM
SNOGGERELLA

2001 d-have appt to install magnaflow back cat from converter back next wk...will this include cold air intake? if not, how much did it run u? parts/labor @625 so far. also, besides sound, what benefit did u notice? thanks

Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I got my Magnaflow 3" CAT back 24" SS with coated piping installed from Mr. Muffler, Salt Lake City, Utah all together for under $300.......LOL

Call some shops and ask for a CAT back exhaust pricing......

Look in here for cheap CAI's and other info:
Do It Yourself (top questions and answers)

Nobody i know has a ebay grill but I would say check it out for the cost......

Last edited by hydrashocker; 05-02-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 PM
dscdad77

I got my magnaflo installed for $235.00. I know you can get your cat a lot cheaper online. Make sure that you get a NICE cat - do not go without! As far as the cold-air intake, mine cost $159.00 for everything and I put it in myself. It was real easy. As far as performance...not only did it sound great, but my mileage and performance greatly improved! As long as you get the magni-flo and the cat yourself on-line, the cost to get it welded in should range between $75.00 - $125.00. Make sure you check welding for leaks. Otherwise...it was totally worth it!!

Good Luck!
Dave

Quick Reply: Some questions about my Durango...