1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Stop repair bills.com any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 PM
M Shark
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop repair bills.com any good?

Would it be a good idea to purchase an outside warranty which covers the engine, transmission, drivetrain, window motors, etc for 100,000 miles or 5 years (which ever comes first) for our trucks?

I tried getting a quote from stoprepairbills.com and got a quote of $2,993.00 which covers the vehicle for 5 years or 100k miles.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate myself as a 4 when it comes to DYI repairs. The most work I've done is replace the brake pads (with help from a freind). I do my own oil changes, spark plug replacing and just simple things.

So would it be cost effective to get a warranty? or would it be just cheaper to pay out of your pocket for major repairs that may or may not happen?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No!

Warranty companies come and go. You pay $2993 and they go under, you get NOTHING. Often they are also very difficult to deal with when you do file a claim.

If you really want an extended warranty, go to the dealer and ask if you can get a Mopar/Chrysler extended warranty... even on your used truck. If so, that is the only one I would consider.

With that said... WAIT until Chrysler figures out what they are doing with their bailout/bankruptcy first.

IMHO, take the $3000, put it in an interest earning account and leave it there for repairs. It is just as good for you, will be there if you need it, keep the truck well maintained and after 5 years, take it out and enjoy the savings and the growth. If you are in Indiana, I can help you with the safe and growth investment side through my Financial Services Rep at my Agency.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

X2 on the no...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Kensai
Champion

X3 on no as well. We just got screwd on the lifetime tire warranty package from external warranty company that VW offered during the sale of the Jetta we bought. It was one heck of a deal until we got a letter in the mail that the warranty company went belly up. So no more 3rd party warranty companies. I think all 3rd party warranty companies are nothing but frauds or scams as they can easily bankrupt and possibly come back under a different name.

Only stick with OEM extended warranty offers, thus, if they went belly up, it won't matter anymore about warranty of any sort.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Stay away from those!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM
louisj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out Better Business Bureau Ratings

I checked out some of the leading companies that advertise on google and tv and saw most had a bad rating with the BBB:

* Mogi (Get Mogi) – Rated “F” – Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints; not a BBB Accredited Business.
* US Fidelis – Rated “F” – 1230 complaints filed against business; not a BBB Accredited Business.
* Stop Repair Bills (National Dealers Warranty) – Rated “F” – 304 complaints filed against business & Advertising issue(s) found by BBB; not a BBB Accredited Business.
* Get Certus (Dealer Warranty Services) – Rated “F” – 161 complaints filed against business, 8 complaints filed against business that were not resolved, government action(s) against business.
* Warranty Direct (Interstate National Dealer Services) is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and is a a BBB Accredited Business; has been in business for over 29 years

Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

All of them are garbage!....IMHO

Old 11-02-2009, 10:58 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

That was post #1 HS. He is placing an advertisement. You bought it as a legit post. Doubt he will be back.

IndyD

Old 11-02-2009, 11:46 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

lol i pm'd him about it

Old 11-02-2009, 11:59 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

Lol! Rotfl

Quick Reply: Stop repair bills.com any good?