Lets get-r-done!

It's ok Indy, we like you.
until we sober up, then its another story

lol . . . j/k

Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
thomsonc
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my wife and I bought our 2000 Durango in 2004, we bought an aftermarket warranty that the dealership sold us. We had a choice of the aftermarket one, or the Chrysler one (which was $500 more). We chose the cheaper one, thinking they would be the same, after they were really encouraging us to buy the aftermarket one.

Well, some things happened in the next year or so where we had to bring the Durango in and get fixed, and it was time to use the warranty. It was a pain. The service department didn't like dealing with them the aftermarket warranties and were mad at sales for pushing these things. An insider tipped us off and informed us that the dealership was getting a nice cut, everytime they sold one of these aftermarket warranties.

When the aftermarket warranty was used (by the way, the warranty was run by EasyCare), the service dept had to call the warranty company to get authorization to work on the vehicle. They even were entitled to come and inspect the vehicle first before any work was done on it. In the meantime, all this did was hold up our car in the shop. The biggest repair done was changing out the front axle, which cost the warranty company $1300. We had a $100 deductable.

The warrant cost us $1500, and we probably got $1500-$1700 out of it, so we broke even of may have done better. But, if we were to do it all over again, we'd have gone with Chrysler's warranty. When you have their plan, and need something done, the service dept is authorized to perform that work, without having to get authorization from a third party. Pretty easy.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thomsonc
When my wife and I bought our 2000 Durango in 2004, we bought an aftermarket warranty that the dealership sold us. We had a choice of the aftermarket one, or the Chrysler one (which was $500 more). We chose the cheaper one, thinking they would be the same, after they were really encouraging us to buy the aftermarket one.

Well, some things happened in the next year or so where we had to bring the Durango in and get fixed, and it was time to use the warranty. It was a pain. The service department didn't like dealing with them the aftermarket warranties and were mad at sales for pushing these things. An insider tipped us off and informed us that the dealership was getting a nice cut, everytime they sold one of these aftermarket warranties.

When the aftermarket warranty was used (by the way, the warranty was run by EasyCare), the service dept had to call the warranty company to get authorization to work on the vehicle. They even were entitled to come and inspect the vehicle first before any work was done on it. In the meantime, all this did was hold up our car in the shop. The biggest repair done was changing out the front axle, which cost the warranty company $1300. We had a $100 deductable.

The warrant cost us $1500, and we probably got $1500-$1700 out of it, so we broke even of may have done better. But, if we were to do it all over again, we'd have gone with Chrysler's warranty. When you have their plan, and need something done, the service dept is authorized to perform that work, without having to get authorization from a third party. Pretty easy.
And so I rest my case.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your case? You were "x4" LOL

IndyD

Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
rebelboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a 3rd party warranty with my d for a grand got home and looked at the fine print and it said you must be able to provide documentation for all schedualed maintinance i really f***ed myself

so no bad idea

Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My D is way past its warranty stage. I just come here and another site for info to keep her running!...LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
My D is way past its warranty stage. I just come here and another site for info to keep her running!...LOL!
Your better off and a hell of a lot cheaper coming here......LOL

Quick Reply: Stop repair bills.com any good?