1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Quick question on Oil and Mufflers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Jmodix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question on Oil and Mufflers.

I'm replacing the stock muffler this weekend, but im not sure of the size to buy.. Currently the one I'm looking at is available in sizes between 2 and 2 1/2 inches in and out. The only thing im replacing is the muffler, just a basic cut and and weld in, So I would like to stay as close to stock pipe size that I can.

The oil question is this, The truck had used 5w30 synthetic since it was bought up till the last 2 oil changes, Less than 6k miles, got them free with tires.. of course the shop uses 10w30 bulk crap, Now the engine makes a tapping.. I'm hoping its the exhaust manifold bolts.. Anyhow, would it hurt to now go back to 5w30 synthetic?

Totally unrelated - Wonder why my profile pic isn't showing up... Any ideas?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drain it out and replace it with the right stuff. Then run it a short session on that oil and change it again.

IndyD

Old 05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmodix
I'm replacing the stock muffler this weekend, but im not sure of the size to buy.. Currently the one I'm looking at is available in sizes between 2 and 2 1/2 inches in and out. The only thing im replacing is the muffler, just a basic cut and and weld in, So I would like to stay as close to stock pipe size that I can.

The oil question is this, The truck had used 5w30 synthetic since it was bought up till the last 2 oil changes, Less than 6k miles, got them free with tires.. of course the shop uses 10w30 bulk crap, Now the engine makes a tapping.. I'm hoping its the exhaust manifold bolts.. Anyhow, would it hurt to now go back to 5w30 synthetic?

Totally unrelated - Wonder why my profile pic isn't showing up... Any ideas?
Fully synthetic is better..... Change it over.

Muffler should be 2 1/2 piping.

Pictures....... Your not doing them right. Upload a pic to www.photobucket.com or other hosing site and just insert the entire IMG code as text copy and paste.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Jmodix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changed the oil over to Mobil 1 truck/SUV. Ticking is gone!

Installed a Cherry Bomb Turbo 2 muffler - Considering the price, I figured if it wasn't loud I wasn't out too much. I was surprised, it actually sounds pretty damn good. Not super loud but has a nice rumble. can't beat it for $20, Which now has me thinking if 1 sounds good 2 would sound better..

I'll make the proper intro post with good pics once I find my digital camera!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the update and looking forward to the pic's.

Quick Reply: Quick question on Oil and Mufflers.