1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

couple front end ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:24 AM
TWray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple front end ?'s

01 Durango slt 4x4. I have 3" body lift and T/S lift. Will I have any problems getting a good alignment? Will most garages work with the lift? Or will I get a cold shoulder with the mods. Also, the vehicle was wrecked in the rt. frt.....I went ahead and replaced all ball joints, tie rod ends, rt. upper a arm, shocks, and sway bar bushings. When replacing the the sway bar bushings I had a problem with the rt. side pulling up flush with the frame. Once I had tightened, the rt frame bushing had a gap and the a arm bushing was wanting to ****. Is there any tolerance for the sway bar? I have a 8th" bend difference from the right side and left. After I drove the truck a short ways, the bushings seem to be fitting properly. If I do need a sway bar, can it wait til after the alignmnet? Will the lift have any affect on the bar? This truck took a pretty good hit in the rt. frt.....busting both ball joints,crushing the upper a arm, and shock. I just hope I dont have any frame problems.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T/S lift would not be a problem as in alignment, I had mine checked afterwards and everything was fine with no needed adjustment. But being in a accident it may have opened some worms for ya. Bring it to them and see if they cant put it within the specs, in the end they will be able to tell you what the deal is.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

+2

Take it in for the 4 wheel aglinment with or without the sway bars and start there.

Quick Reply: couple front end ?'s