1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need expert advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Rick980
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need expert advise

I drove a Magnum yesterday with the Hemi, holy **** was I lovin that ride, tons of power. Now my question is how can I get another 100 horsepower in my 03 Durango R/T, guaranteed in a one shot deal or is there such a thing. I was thinking nitrous but isn't that kinda hard on the engine. Would it be a combination of things such as headers, dual exhaust, maybe super charger??? Anyone else out there done anything like this and got the results they were after? I need the room I have in my Durango, the Magnum was nice has more room up front but not in the back and I need the 3rd seating on occasion so I want to keep the Durango and besides I just got it as new a year ago and well I owe I owe I owe so...........you know the drill. No money down Zero percent....gonna be at least another year before I can even begin to think about breaking even and well since it's the last of the old model I might not even be able to unload it who knows. Sooooooooooooooo I would just like to make my baby kick some ***, might as well since the thing is a gas pig anyway!

Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
lamrouex2004
Default RE: Need expert advise

If your looking for another 100 Hp...your looking for a supercharger! And thats a few thousand dollars... but if you have the money or your taking out a loan for this, I recommend a ATI Intercooled Supercharger system, Gibson headers, and a performance exhaust of your choice. With that setup, you'll smoke that Magnum! Don't go with nitrous, it puts alot of ware & tear on your engine.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:25 AM
Bamboo
Rookie

ORIGINAL: lamrouex2004

If your looking for another 100 Hp...your looking for a supercharger! And thats a few thousand dollars... but if you have the money or your taking out a loan for this, I recommend a ATI Intercooled Supercharger system, Gibson headers, and a performance exhaust of your choice. With that setup, you'll smoke that Magnum! Don't go with nitrous, it puts alot of ware & tear on your engine.
I concur. You're probably looking at around $5000 to $6000 including professional installation for all that. One credit card is all it takes

Old 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Rick980
Rookie

Thanks, that sounds fun. Now to find the cash.

Quick Reply: Need expert advise