1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dropping gas tank 1998-99 dodge durango

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
dodge04dan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping gas tank 1998-99 dodge durango

Was curious if anyone had any experience with dropping the fuel tank of a 98-99 durango....my gf woke up one morning and found sugar in her gas cap and around truck, thankfully she didnt drive it too far...have reason to believe her aids infested ex bf did it but cant prove it....anyhoo....i wanna drop tank and check and see how much is truly in there....anyone with any experience and/or suggestions? I dropped the tank on my stratus before and had a relatively smooth time after a few minor hiccups....lookin to avoid any trouble and just see who has knowledge....any help would be appreciated....

Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome!

I've done it!

Just get under there and there is 2 bands holding it up. There also is some tubing and the electrical harness to the pump. Very simple job as I see it! While your there install a new pump because the regulator, filter, and pump are all the same unit and sugar isn't to good on it!

The tank is polyurethane so it's really light. Just the fuel weight. Remember to rinse out the tank with fuel! Last I checked checkers was the cheapest but Auto Zone matches price and I think they have it in stock.

Quick Reply: Dropping gas tank 1998-99 dodge durango