1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

New to the board

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
jdusek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to the board

Hello all,

I am new to the board. I needed a weekend 4x4 for hunting/fishing purposes and found a 2000 Dodge Durango with 76,000 Miles on it. It is in great shape. I bought it from the original owner and he kept every single record including the bill of sale (from Canada). The unique thing about this one is it was bought and made for Canada so it is in KM instead of Miles. Probably why I got a better deal on it since I live in Texas a far way from Canada.

They owner had regular oil changes and had the Transmission changed once but never did the transfer case or differentials. So I went ahead and had it all done. I sill need to do the radiator flush.

So I was searching on Google about tune-ups,spark plugs, etc and found an interesting thread where a guy had major issues because he used the wrong spark plugs. That peaked my interest and I joined the board so I could send a pm to hydrashocker and ask about the tune up parts. Thanks for the reply and the information I needed hydrashocker this board will really help me keep my Durango in good shape.

Here are some pics.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice D!

You can always post in the boards as well but thanks for the compliment. Make sure that if you have a Limited Slip rear end you installed the friction modifier! Check your records or get a build sheet to ensure if you don't know.

Get regular Champion Regular Copper plugs or Champion Truck plugs, OEM wires are good (I see you got them already) and cap and rotor with brass contacts.

Welcome to the boards and have a great time! There are many great users here so don't limit yourself.

Quick Reply: New to the board