1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

TMR Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Wh1T3_W45P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMR Mod

Searched the forum and did not find anything. I have been reading up on this for about two days now. It seems like a safe thing to do, if you do it right. Thought I would bring it to this forum and see what everyone thought about it. I have been hearing good things and a couple of not horrible but bad things.

Ok, it seems that if you go to your TCM (Trans. control module) and take the plug out. You look for pin 10 which is a yellow/dark green striped wire wich is for the TMR (Tourqe Managment Request). Now I have heard that is is different on diffrent years of diffrent dodge vehicles. But I am not sure if it truly is or not.

I have heard that it makes your trany shift harder, but only for the 1+2 shift. I know messing with dodge tannys, but I have heard good thing about it.

Just wondering what you guys think about it and if you have done it and what you think about it.

Thanks again guys.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:45 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

None of the forums I visit daily ever talk about such a thing. Where did you get 2 days worth of reading on the subject?

And since this is one that it is never talked about on, why ask here when the 2 days worth of reading experts are elsewhere?

???

In the end, IMHO it is a terrible idea. A electronically controlled transmission is a costly thing to f-up for a harder shift from 1st to 2nd. Not to mention why?

Other adjectives come to mind but I will stop there and allow others to set me straight or to agree.

Don't do it. Want a firmer shift? Transgo kits are available everywhere. Also note, 5.2s and 5.9s are mechanically shifted trans so this "mod" is useless for them.

IndyDurango

Old 11-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the no need to mod. I have the 4.7 too and I would not like it if any kind of computer controlled device went haywaire on me.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 AM
rebelboy
Veteran

ive heard of that ''mod'' before -if you really have to ask if you can do it then your probly not qualified to go cutting random wires on your tranny

Old 11-27-2009, 10:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There are 2 ways of controlling torque management.

1. Install a Trango Shift Kit
2. Have your PCM flashed by B&G PCM's and have it removed.

Now this sounds like a disabled shift solenoid more than anything so I don't doubt that it could work although still, you should do it the right way.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

imgoing with bad idea also, and im good with and like playing with computers, i would NOT want to screw with the computer in my truck so IMO leave the computer alone and do it the right way, flash the PCM or install the shiftkit

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Wh1T3_W45P

ok, I was just wondering. You don't have to cut the wires, you just pull the pin so you can put it back. But I have found a lot of talk about it on dodge talk forums and and dodge Dakota forums, because a lot of people have been doing it to the trucks. I have no need to do it because the Superchips tuner that I have does it for me, just thought I would bring it to the forum if others had questions about it..

Old 11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's removing the torque management on the solenoid and "tricking" the PCM but like I said, It's better to have it removed the correct way. Personally, there is no way I would even think about it!