1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Spak plug fouling question(with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
bjamick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you need to add a lil hotter plug in their. The plug that is in it seems to be too cold, and prob not burning all the fuel in the chamber. I bet it would prob gain a lil mpg if you went to a 1 step hotter plug.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The issue with this motor is the plugs are just right to a little hot (12 heat range).....IMHO

This is the reason that people try the 11 heat range and swear to less ping but I don't like that approch. I would just replace them with the Champion Cooper Plug #RC12LC4 or go Champion Truck Plug for a bit hotter burn "I think" (even though it says heat range 12) but longer life.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
SumAmerican
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the issue here is that your trying to find something to fix because you like fixing stuff.. I, as well as most other people on this forum have the same problem.. You might just wanna replace the plugs before you end up buying performance coils and wires and intakes and all our other fun stuff for your weekend project.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SumAmerican
I think the issue here is that your trying to find something to fix because you like fixing stuff.. I, as well as most other people on this forum have the same problem.. You might just wanna replace the plugs before you end up buying performance coils and wires and intakes and all our other fun stuff for your weekend project.
Whats wrong with buying all the fun stuff.......

Old 12-04-2009, 11:49 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Whats wrong with buying all the fun stuff.......
it costs too much money, and my bank account has told me to F-off and i havnt even gotten to buying fun stuff for the truck yet, iv only played with the bike

Quick Reply: Spak plug fouling question(with pics)