1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Heating and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
2nd_drang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating and suspension

I have a 99 Durango. I have a couple of issues going, hopefully you guys can help.
1. I just had my heater core replaced(what a pain) anyway the heat still won't get hot. It was recommended that I get the radiator flow tested to see if there is any blockage and to make sure that it has full coolant capacity. Does anyone have any more insight on this?
2a. I recently got some 22's the ride is ok but a little stiff what kind of shocks should I get to help with softening the ride a bit?
b. When I had the 22's put on a few days later I began to hear rubbing noise on the left side. Its more noticeable at slow speeds and stops when the brakes are applied. I thought is maybe the hub assembly needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure. Would you guys give me a little help.

Everyone have safe and blessed Holidays.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd think the radiator backing up would cause your engine to overheat, your HC runs straight from the engine so i'd rule it out (Waterpump/next to thermo). Maybe your blend door is stuck? Air burping issue?

As for the 22"s without a lift your prob rubbing on the body/fender/frame, also the extra stress could of caused a bearing failure. It'd be tough on getting a shock/torsion set up for softer ride but before i suggest anything maybe someone with a similiar setup can help.

Quick Reply: Heating and suspension