1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

No AC/Heat/Defroster - is there a fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
mickinirvine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No AC/Heat/Defroster - is there a fuse?

I have a 99 Durango and the front fan does not work for anything. No AC, heat, defroster. The rear seat fan works fine. Is there a fuse for this? If not any ideas? My main issue is getting the window defrosted during rain and cool nights.

Thanks in advance

Old 12-09-2009, 03:11 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

did you check to make sure that the blower motor resistor is not competely fried, also that the connector did not get kicked off somehow? (this should be under the glove box on the passenger side of the truck), next check in the PDC (black box with electrical fuses under the hood) for a fuse labeled for the fan, and also check the fuse box in the drive side door jam, they are ALL LABELLED, unfortunately i dont have my truck here to look for you.

while we are on it did you have any problems with the fan before it stopped working?, i honestly think the resistor is the most likely culprit, its a $13 US part at the dealer, and they beefed it up from the stock (for obvious reasons, lol)

Old 12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
mickinirvine

you know, it did stall a bit before dying completely. I'll give the resistor a shot. Is it an easy change?

Thanks so much!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mickinirvine
you know, it did stall a bit before dying completely. I'll give the resistor a shot. Is it an easy change?

Thanks so much!
extremely, i think a 5 y/o could do it if you handed him the right tools, two torx drive screws and unplug it, plug the new one in and put the screws back in

Old 12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
mickinirvine

very cool! Thanks, a lot!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Very easy change for the resistor with all factors being equal. If dealer has it in stock, it will probably take longer to verify, pull from stock and have cashier ring up than to actually install. While you are at it it would be a good tim to check the wiring harness which runs along the passsnger side of the firewall and check for obvious stuff like burnt wires, frayed insulation, etc...

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
mickinirvine

the hardest part of this is proving to be finding the part!! One of the seemingly last Dodge dealers in the area can get it in five days but at $40. Pep Boys - same timeline but for $20. What worries me is them ordering the wrong part. Is there a part number that anyone knows of?

Quick Reply: No AC/Heat/Defroster - is there a fuse?