1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 durango not starting, checked battery & alternator an its not that, please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 AM
swab
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 01 durango not starting, checked battery & alternator an its not that, please help!!

hello everyone, i have a big problem and now i dont have transportation to get to work or pick up my family, this is our only car in our household so i would appreciate if some of you can give me some advice.

i have a 2001 durango and its not starting, i went to auto zone and they checked my battery & alternator an they said it was fine "i think they also checked my starter, and said that was fine too", i went to them because this problem happened for a little bit but after afew try's turning the key it finally turns over and starts, an even sometimes the problem doesnt happen at all and it starts just fine, but now its not starting at all, i tried many times with no luck.

when i turn the key it just makes a "click" noise, just a single click. like i said its not the battery or alternator so what other problems will cause this to happen? i would like to fix it myself because of course i dont have extra money just like the next guy so can someone give me some advice what i can try to do to see whats the problem.

thanks you guys, you've all helped me out here many times.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Repost in the first generation Durango section as this is the general forum,
FF

Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 PM
swab
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
Repost in the first generation Durango section as this is the general forum,
FF
thank you, will do.

Quick Reply: 01 durango not starting, checked battery & alternator an its not that, please help!!