1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 durango not getting power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
mhalstead3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 durango not getting power to fuel pump

I have a 01 durango and a few days ago I dont know if the fuel pump went out or it ran out of gas, but while driving the truck began to act as if it was running out of gas. The truck stopped on the side of the road and while trying to crank it the whole truck lost power. After a few minutes the power came back. I had added 6 gallons of gas but it still wouldnt start. I figured the fuel pump had went out because I couldnt hear it priming so I replaced it, and it didnt seem to fix the problem. I still cant hear it prim and I'm getting a NO BUS code on the odometer. The truck turns over fine it just sounds as if its not getting fuel. Is there a fuel shutoff on it? If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the pump relay? It's in the PDC on the driver's side under the hood. Right above the battery. Here's a schematic.
Name:  91093777.gif
Views: 8824
Size:  40.3 KB
It's located at the upper left hand corner of the groupling of relays at the upper right hand corner of the pic, under the bus link. You can switch out any one of the relays to see if that's the problem. HTH.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
mhalstead3

yeah I bought a new relay and still nothing. I forgot to mention that I put a code reader on it and it wont read, also there is a steady clicking sound coming from something that is located on the rear engine compartment wall.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mhalstead3
and I'm getting a NO BUS code on the odometer.
THis means you PCM when out. Unplug the PCM and check the harness for corosion or any water ect. If nothing then you will need to replace the PCM. You can get them on Ebay for cheap pre-flashed with all your information then shipped for a direct bolt in. You will need all the info so get it before you call.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if you have had the dashboard out it could be that you didnt get one of the connections in there tight when you put it in and now the instrument cluster is not hooked up to the wire harness

Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well there ya go. The experts have chimed in. Good places to check out.

Old 08-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Christopher Roberts

Carcomputerexchange.com is where we go our PCM. You need to identify your trans, how many gears, year and vin. The trans and pcm are vehicle spcific and prgramed by vin. The 4 speed and 5 speed are the same trans just programed differently. Dont be surprised if you end up either shirt a gear or an extra one. I still have engine light on but problem solved. PCM also controls fuel system !

Old 08-08-2020, 07:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Roberts
Carcomputerexchange.com is where we go our PCM. You need to identify your trans, how many gears, year and vin. The trans and pcm are vehicle spcific and prgramed by vin. The 4 speed and 5 speed are the same trans just programed differently. Dont be surprised if you end up either shirt a gear or an extra one. I still have engine light on but problem solved. PCM also controls fuel system !
Spamming for Car computer exchange? You do realize this is a ten year old thread, right? Not to mention that company has an absolutely horrid reputation, and terrible customer service....... I wouldn't buy from them if they were the only company that had what I needed, I would scrap the truck instead.

Quick Reply: 01 durango not getting power to fuel pump