1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

vaccum line ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
crate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccum line ?

Hey,

Started to have weak front vents in the durango..and now only the defrost is blowing no matter what the selection is.
Did a search on here and said to check vaccum line in firewall. Well i did and it's broke.

My ? is, do i need to buy a special vaccum line for this since it has some valve as part of the line? or do i just get a hard plastic line and splice it before it goes to that valve? I looked at autozone/advance and neither had any thing for this.

Also where does it go into the firewall at, and were inside does it go? I broke about 3 inches from where it plugs in and cant feel/see where it goes to the firewall..

Hope this makes any sense...lol

Old 02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The vacuum line is for the heater controls. It comes off the vacuum line to the front of the Throttle Body then splits at the fire wall. This little black line then runs down into where the heater core lines run through the fire wall. You could get some small rubber tubing and essentially place each end into the tube so it creates a "bridge" between the brake.

The other end goes to the control on the dash. From there they go to the actuators on the air box "AKA" the blend door and such.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
The vacuum line is for the heater controls. It comes off the vacuum line to the front of the Throttle Body then splits at the fire wall. This little black line then runs down into where the heater core lines run through the fire wall. You could get some small rubber tubing and essentially place each end into the tube so it creates a "bridge" between the brake.

The other end goes to the control on the dash. From there they go to the actuators on the air box "AKA" the blend door and such.
yup +1

Quick Reply: vaccum line ?