1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

MSD coil installed now car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
winkie74
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation MSD coil installed now car wont start

I have a 1999 Durango SLT 5.2 4x4. i purchased the MSD Blaster SS coil (40,000volts vs stock 30,000) and when i started the car all it did was crank and crank then it fired a couple times then die then i tried again and a gave it a little gas but the same thing happened. Ive had a problem similar to this before but when i gave it gas it fired right up. So thinking that i hap the + - wires mixed up i swapped them and tried again. It did the same thing. So since i didnt have enough time to figure it out i put the stock coil back on and tried it but it did the same thing again! i tried it again but this time it was flooded. I put the battery charger o nit overnight and came back in the morning and it did the same thing. I dont know what to do now. Will reseting the PCM fix it? Did i mess up the computer? Did i burn out or fry the + - wires between the ignition control module and the coil? Or what is wrong? Sorry its so long but i want my car back ASAP. Thanks

Old 02-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry, i didnt read the entire post but by - and + are you talking about the coil connection? (cutting your factory connection)
Secondly, do you know for that """"40K"""" you have to be running a MSD ignition ?
Maybe something went fubar, but i recomend getting a different coil...

Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What part number did you install from MSD?

Quick Reply: MSD coil installed now car wont start