1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

i really need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:02 AM
jhorn3990
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i really need some advice

i posted in the wrong forum so i hope i get some help in this one

i recently bought a 2001 dodge durango 4x4 with the 4.7 v-8. i has 141,xxx on it and ran great the past 3xxx miles. i was driving home last night ( about 70 mph for 30 miles) and all it started missing like crazy with absolutly no warning. the check engine light popped on and i had to 2 foot it to make it home. i checked the codes and it had multi cylinder mis fire. #1, #3, and #6. i first replaced all the plugs ( the old ones have been in for a while and were burnt down to about .080. i replace with platnuim plugs and it didn`t help. so i checked the codes again and it had the same codes. i replaced all 3 coils ( oh yeah, it doesn`t have a distributor). it seemed to do a small amount better but not much at all. i still have to 2 foot it at all stop signs. i also replaced the battery cable ends to make sure it had good ground.

when i take off at stop signs it stalls for a sec or two and then takes off pretty hard ( concidering i have about half throttle) it still misses but it seems to mellow out alittle, not totally.

i replace the plentum gasket to be sure i had no vacuum leak, replaced the ignition switch to be sure that it worked properly

if anyone has any advice i would really apriciate it. you can reach me at jimmyarnold48@yahoo.com or on here, thanks

or call or text 573-846-7318

ps. can i swap the pcm with out taking to a dealer, does it need to be programmed

Quick Reply: i really need some advice