1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Mistavicious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics

Does any one have the Dual CCFL halo headlights installed or their durango? I'm thinking about getting some and want to see how they look. And do the turn signals work properly since they are leds. Dont want them blinking all fast.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
hallock

I just installed new Halo projectors and they are finally working and fitting fine.
Issues I ran into were:

1. Rapid blinking when using directional coupled with the 5 LEDs not blinking when directional was on.
Solution:
The kit I bought does in fact have a resistor block attached to the circuitry (cause for fast blinking-less resistance) I just had the connector reversed

Attached Thumbnails Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-reversed-20wires.jpg   Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-resistor-20block.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
hallock

2. Bad fitment
There was a big space between the headlight and the body.
Solution:
I tightened down on a screw located on the inner mold toward the fender side of the light until the inner mold just touched the outer. Very snug now.

Attached Thumbnails Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-big-20space.jpg   Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-fits-20well.jpg   Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-adjust-20screw.jpg   Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics-mold.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 PM
hallock

Finally

Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice install, hallock. Did you have to do the reachunder to tighten the headlights? So the blinkers stay off untill turned on? Oh yeah, what brand are your headlights?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Mistavicious

I like your style. My durango is the same color. I cant decide between the the black or the chrome headlights. I was kinda skeptical on how the black would look, but it looks great on yours. Can u post more pics and what brand are they?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 AM
hallock

There were 3 bolts to tighten down to hold them in. They are kind of a pain to get to cause this is a one piece unit where the oem was a 2 piece. So I had to reach 2 of the bolts from under the truck. I bought them off of ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 AM
hallock

Originally Posted by Mistavicious
I like your style. My durango is the same color. I cant decide between the the black or the chrome headlights. I was kinda skeptical on how the black would look, but it looks great on yours. Can u post more pics and what brand are they?
I went back in forth in my head, chrome or black, but decided on black because I have no chrome on my truck and thought chrome headlights would stand out too much. That being said, I am very happy with the black. I think it complements the whole color scheme of the truck. These were bought on ebay, see last post...I think they are actually called eagle eyes... there is a stamp on the lights that say that

Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
hallock

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
Nice install, hallock. Did you have to do the reachunder to tighten the headlights? So the blinkers stay off untill turned on? Oh yeah, what brand are your headlights?
The 5 LEDs on the bottom are two way like the bulbs. They go on with the headlights and marker lights but are pretty dim. They also blink with the directional and are very bright in that regard.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the clear euro-type lenses with HIDs and I've been thinking about replacing the headlight housing to one-piecers. The only thing stopping me is the install process where you have to contort to tighten it! LOL! personally, I like the two-piece set up. Now if there's a projection two-piece, I'm all on it!

Quick Reply: Dual CCFL Halo headlights pics