1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

AC Blower Volume Fluctuating

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
mattyp520
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Blower Volume Fluctuating

98 D 4x4 5.2

I've read ALMOST ALL the AC threads and still need help.

Current Problem: All 4 blower motor settings blow much less volume of air than should for their setting. #1feels almost non existent and high feels like #2 should, with 3 and 4 showing little change as well.

The blower motor is fluctuating , meaning that in the #4 (high) position the volume of air will kinda fade from low to high-high to low. sometimes the blower motor will not run at all and the blower motor switch does nothing.

HISTORY: I have had some bearing noise that I can hear coming from the blower motor. I can hear this when on low setting from inside the cab, under the pass side dash. This has been present since the end of last summer.

I already replaced the Blower Motor Resistor under the plasticl cowl plenum on Pass Side last week. NO CHANGES- still does the same. All the contacts in the Resistor Harness appeared to be intact, with no melting or anything out of the ordinary.

I'm about to order a ne w blower motor and tear apart the dash (Big PITA I know!).

Bad Blower motor? Does this sound right

TIA

Old 06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

could be a diffuser door right out of the blower motor? If it was stuck in between then you would loose pressure bleeding out the foot well output. Place it on a/c and feel the floor vent and see if you feel cool air coming out.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:15 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if you heard bearing sounds coming from the fan area of the dash, i would agree that the fan is probably going bad (make sure that is what it is, listen for the sounds with the engine off and the fan on), but while you are in there do as hydra said and make sure the doors are all working properly, and that the vacuum lines are intact and not leaking

Quick Reply: AC Blower Volume Fluctuating