1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
daddysd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration

i have a 99 durango with a 5.2 and an automatic. around 65-80 i have a vibration coming from the rear of the truck. it is not so bad that it hurts something, just very annoying. i just had new tires and new rims put on that balanced out perfect and an alingment done. it only does it at interstate speeds. any ideas where i can start. i thought maybe to have the driveline balanced? god i hope that i do not have a bent axle. any suggestions.... thanks

Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

well a bent axle would be felt at most speeds, and a driveline balance should get worse as you go faster not disappear, although i will ask if you have taken the truck off road in the mud that you may have dirt or something stuck in the system (maybe even inside a rim)??

next i would check to make sure the differentials still have enough fluid in them and that it is relatively fresh

then look at u-joints and bearings (axle bearings int he differential, or at the end)

Old 06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If the vibration comes and goes at different speeds and such then it is 95% a bad U-joint.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 AM
daddysd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, thanks for the help. i had been playin in the mud, but i washed all the rims out before i left on the road. also, the vibration gets worse the faster you go. 80 is the top i went and it was really annoying, slowed to 75 and it was tolerable. i will check my u-joints and bearings. again, thanks. this forum has always helped me when i need it.

Quick Reply: vibration