1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango Towing

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SumAmerican
the lag your getting after 55 is probably because you changed the size (back pressure) of your exhaust system. The more back pressure you got the better torque you have and the easier it is for the D to pull anything.. You have a few options if you wanna get back some of the torque. A good tune up is always very good.. I pull a 4000 lb boat around every weekend or so and I found that my least favorite upgrade did the most while pulling the boat at highway speeds.. That upgrade was putting on a taller intake manifold which moved that durango's power curve from stock 0-2000 rpm to 1500-3500 rpm.. those are manufactures stats so a good chance that they're bull but the best upgrades for any power and torque on the D is easing up the intake system..

I call the intake my least favorite because it was expensive as all heck and actually hurt city driving mpgs. but i got more power!
He said it was BEFORE he changed his exhaust that he had the problem and I doubt that changing to a flowmaster 44 would make that much of a difference anyway.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Chunkywolf

It was hauling fine when it had what I'd assume to be a clogged cat, and a stock exhaust. The problems started after having the cat/y/muffler replaced, which included a direct fit "Maremont" Cat(was labeled as cherry bomb on the box), and the flowmaster 44.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I wonder if he lost torque from the swap to a new CAT.

Also, when was the last time you checked your transfer case fluid and ensure you are fully out of 4X4.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Chunkywolf

I just called dodge and apparently the truck is 3.55 geared. Also, I have not checked the transfer case fluid since I've had the truck, but I will definately do so.

Quick Reply: Durango Towing