shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

lmao, its true . . .

Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Gorhad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK took it to another shop, who said it seemed that it had too much oil in the system probably built up over a period of time from others putting in dye's and stop leaks etc etc. He replaced the O rings on the Receiver/Dryer and recharged the system, but could only put in 3/4 of the amount because it made a high pressure blowout sound ( i was there when it happened) It seemed like a sudden release of air out of a valve. Any way that's when he decided there was too much oil in there and it wouldn't accept the full amount of freon.

Told me to drive it around for a week or two and he would then look at it again.

Well in the meantime my son has been driving and has probably put around 350 miles on it since then (4-5 weeks Later). Today i asked him (remember he's a teenager), "how's the AC going". Reply "its OK but its blowing colder in the back than the front". That's all i could get out of him

Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you may still have an a/c problem. Did the second shop check the expansion valve located near the firewall in the engine bay passenger side? Sometimes they can get clogged up and not work properly. HTH.

Quick Reply: AC Leak?