1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

PA help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PA help.

hey guys, as you all know i did that writeup about the PA and CB... now i need your help, i want to hook my Zune up to the powerhorn and was wondering how to do it... i cant hook the zune to my cb ive already tried. em any ideas?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i got a couple of ideas, but they would be dependant upon how it is wired up right now

you COULD wire in an auxillary plug (basically a headphone size plug) that links up to the PA system in parallel to the CB (they both hook up to the PA system, and when you plug the zune in, it sends an audio signal to the PA which will amplify and play it, of course the amp would need to be btwn the speaker and the plug or else i cannot garantee the volume you would get out of it)

btw where in NY? if you are close enough to make a trip into jersey im sure we could figure it out for you

Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You sound like an electrician Sharps!......LMAO

Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
i got a couple of ideas, but they would be dependant upon how it is wired up right now

you COULD wire in an auxillary plug (basically a headphone size plug) that links up to the PA system in parallel to the CB (they both hook up to the PA system, and when you plug the zune in, it sends an audio signal to the PA which will amplify and play it, of course the amp would need to be btwn the speaker and the plug or else i cannot garantee the volume you would get out of it)

btw where in NY? if you are close enough to make a trip into jersey im sure we could figure it out for you
well, the way its wired right now it goes from the PA to a headphone plug in, where it plugs into a designated PA spot... if that makes sense.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:42 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

ok so all you need to do is add another plug to the PA system wire which will plug into the zune, you should be able to get the right plug at radio shack OR get an old set of headphones (they usually break at the speakers, so cut em off about 3-6 inches from the end) and solder away

any hydra, not an electrician, but i have taken enough electrical engineering courses that i know what im doing

Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie

ok so all you need to do is add another plug to the PA system wire which will plug into the zune, you should be able to get the right plug at radio shack OR get an old set of headphones (they usually break at the speakers, so cut em off about 3-6 inches from the end) and solder away

any hydra, not an electrician, but i have taken enough electrical engineering courses that i know what im doing
em, im not too sure what you mean by another plug... like take the one im using pull the headphone jack part off and join them together on PA headphone wire? thanks man.

like off the old set of headphones is what i ment... taking a headphone jack thing...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:50 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yea take the headphone jack off an old set of headphones, keep most of the wire so you can move the zune around, and then solder it into the wire going out to the PA system, when i get home tonight ill try and make a quick wire diagram for you

Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie

yea take the headphone jack off an old set of headphones, keep most of the wire so you can move the zune around, and then solder it into the wire going out to the PA system, when i get home tonight ill try and make a quick wire diagram for you
lol, im better at splicing.... or what if i were to pick up a Y addapter? kinda deal. like it has an empty end to hook to the PA and then 2 headphone jacks? one for the PA slot on the CB and one for the zune?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

that would work too, as long as the pa plug is the same size as the zune plug, or you have to find one with the two correct sizes on it, or make your own

Quick Reply: PA help.