1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango A/C - noise/vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM
mattmlv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango A/C - noise/vibration

Hello, i was having the same problem that alot of people were having with the blower resistor (my A/C wasnt working on the lowest speed). I replaced the blower resistor and that fixed the problem just fine.

The problem is now that, with the new blower resistor, my A/C is too powerful (on the highest setting and second highest) and it makes a loud noise and vibrates. It vibrates so much that i can feel it on the gas pedal. (i called a dodge dealership and they said that the new blower resistors work together with the radiator fan and that may be where the vibration is coming from). It seems that the problem comes and goes because I replaced it last night and it made the vibration all last night...it wasnt doing it this morning, but by this afternoon it was doing it again.

My air comes out alot stronger now, which is good, but the vibration is really annoying. I cant tell where it is coming from. Definitely the front end somewhere.

Can someone please give me suggestions? Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the noise is normal when on the two highest settings, but the vibrations are not, i will ask you this, have you ever changed the heater core or evap core? if so i would say there is a possibility that the mounts for the cabin fan are loose or damaged causing it to vibrate

someone on here has had it out and im sure will chime in with the procedure

Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a bad blower motor personally.

Quick Reply: Durango A/C - noise/vibration