1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A/C HelP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:18 AM
vectorz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C HelP!

My a/c just stopped working this week. Doesn't blow cold. So I bought a recharge kit (r134 can w/ the attached pressure meter on the hose). I think the low side is the valve directly attached on top of the compressor? I attached to it to first check the pressure (engine turned on & max a/c turned on) , and it reads over 100!

According to the instructions, anything above 65 is 'danger'. It says it's supposed to be in between 25->45. Anyone knows what this means? I've never had the a/c recharged ever, how can the pressure be so high?

Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 PM
fireftr301
Default RE: A/C HelP!

Im having the same issue, im not sure which one is the high-side or low-side. But if the one on top reads 100 then that has to be the wrong one. If you read the cans of 134a, its says the pressure of the high-side would blow the can. I cant find my manual so Im off to buy a new one, I think the low side is next to the radiator on the left side. I think its a smaller diameter, black line with the connection at the top.

Good luck.

J

Old 06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
cush148

If I am not mistaken the R134 quick disconnect will only fit on one side. This is on the fill hose you buy to dispense the product.
Let me know if that is incorrect.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:02 PM
mandolphin

Check out this thread:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_137316/mpag.../tm.htm#284202

It appears the '04 Durango may have an AC defect. My AC blows warm air when I start the car at over 90 degrees outside. If I shut the car and restart it, the AC works fine. One post in the above thread mentions a misintalled fuse panel as the culprit.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Digitoxin
Professional

To determine the High, and Low side, Follow the two hoses from the compressor.
The HIGH side hose will go from the compressor to the condensor(in front of the radiator)
The
LOW side hose will come from the evaporator(in the Hvac assy..behind firewall) to the compressor
and is larger in diameter. hope this helps.

https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...Type=6&apage=7

Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, if you can feel the temperature difference, the high side is always the HOT side and the low side is alwayd the COLD side. Some compressors has a color coded cap. Blue for cold and red for hot. But I would follow Digitoxin and look for the bigger hose coming out of the firewall and going into the compressor.