1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

BCM or CTM for '99 Durango wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

no hydra, on the 98-00 it was behind the glove box, check your pdfs, the removal instructions send you up there

Old 01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
robinhood
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ocsnapper
I am looking for the Body Control Module (or Central Timing Module it's also called) for a '99 Durango. Preferably one out of a truck with the overhead console, if there's a difference.

Also, can anyone tell me where to find the CTM itself in a '99 DUrango? I searched on here, and other than some "maybe it might be" posts, I didn't find anything that definitely stated the location. If I could find it, I could get the exact part number off it.

The parts numbers I found are: R6040106-AH or R6040147-AG.

My truck originally had the 5.2, but we did the 5.9 swap a few years ago, and bought a Mopar Performance PCM for the 5.9 from a seller here. It still has the original CTM that came with it, and until recently it worked fine.

The dash lights and running lights quit working, and nothing will dim. Replaced the headlight/dimmer switch, but that didn't help. Fuses were ok, but wasn't getting power to the 5 amp fuse. The idiot lights work in the dash, though, but not the gauge lights and so on. According to what I've read in this forum, it sounds like the BCM/CTM.

So, that's what we'll try next.

Anyone have a working BCM/CTM that will fit a '99 Durango? Please PM me or post here, thanks!
ok the tcm orctm or the bcm all the same it is under the dash if you open the glove box look to the right you will see a braket with two star screws that is were this ctm is or tcm the problem iam haveing is do you get it out with takeing the dash apart ?

Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

the ctm and bcm are the same thing, the tcm is different, and the tcm does not exist on trucks w/t he 5.2 or 5.9 (tcm is transmission control module, and was used to control the 45rfe and the 545 rfe transmissions)

Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 AM
ICEDODGE
Amateur
Default CTM faulty

Hello dodge owners.
My Dodge Durango SLTplus is showing "Check 4WD" and has been for some time. The switch for the 4wd was operating normally and shifting into all drives, but just a few days ago, it would not do anything. First I tought it might be the CTTM but I removed the CTM (control time module) and examined the module. Did not see any corrotion or any water damage, so replaced the module and removed the fault light by disconnecting the battery cable. Everything is working again, i.e. gear shifter into all drives, but the "check 4WD" light came back on after two engine starts.
This confirms to me that the module I need to replace is the CTM and not the CTTM. Can anyone re-confirm that this is the correct assumption?
Thank you,
Icedodge

Old 11-25-2011, 10:29 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

the CTM (central timing module) is probably fine, chances are you have a bad TCCM (transfer case control module), this is assuming that i follow your post correctly

Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM
ICEDODGE
Amateur

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
the CTM (central timing module) is probably fine, chances are you have a bad TCCM (transfer case control module), this is assuming that i follow your post correctly
Thank you for the advice. The reason I thought it was the CTM and not the TCCM was that the dome lights do not turn on for the rear doors. This is an indication that the module is about to brake down, this beeing the first to go. The other reason is that when the shifting **** was not working before I removed the CTM and worked okay after re-installing the module, made me believe that the TCCM was working normally. I did start by checking all the cables for the TCCM without any change to the shifter. After checking the CTM, it worked.
I really need to be sure, because the cost of shipping and import taxex to Iceland is very high. Everything is doubled.
Thanks again.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:39 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

if thats the case then you need to get underneath and start testing power signals with a volt meter,

also there is no standard mode of failure for the CTM, electronics just stop working, or seem to gain a mind of their own, dome lights acting up could be a sign of a bad CTM, or a sign of wiring problems to the lights or switches.

and quite honestly all of the electronic modules reset when you disconnect the battery (something you should have done if you pulled the CTM), so either one of them is bad would have reset and potentially 'fixed' the problem.

also i just spent some time reading about the CTM and the TCCM in the 2002 service manual(these parts are the same between these two years as are many others) and there is not reference to them talking to each other in the manual.

have a read through section 8e in this PDF http://www.mediafire.com/?2cg2hgim2zz

Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
ICEDODGE
Amateur
Default TCCM problem

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
if thats the case then you need to get underneath and start testing power signals with a volt meter,

also there is no standard mode of failure for the CTM, electronics just stop working, or seem to gain a mind of their own, dome lights acting up could be a sign of a bad CTM, or a sign of wiring problems to the lights or switches.

and quite honestly all of the electronic modules reset when you disconnect the battery (something you should have done if you pulled the CTM), so either one of them is bad would have reset and potentially 'fixed' the problem.

also i just spent some time reading about the CTM and the TCCM in the 2002 service manual(these parts are the same between these two years as are many others) and there is not reference to them talking to each other in the manual.

have a read through section 8e in this PDF http://www.mediafire.com/?2cg2hgim2zz
Hello shrpshtr325 and other Dodge fans.

I really appreciate your help on this problem. I removed all the plugs from the TCCM and found no signs of corrosion or a bad connection. Reconnected the battery and the "Service 4WD" light came back on after two starts. The switch is working and it will engage into the 4WD. I did read the PDF your attached with your reply and you are absolutely correct when you say that there is no reference to the CTM and TCCM talking to each other. I will change out the TCCM, when I can find one. I will keep you posted on the change.
Thanks again.
Icedodge

Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

np man, just wanted you to be properly informed before you go buying parts you dont need, or the wrong parts for that matter.

Quick Reply: BCM or CTM for '99 Durango wanted