Transmission electronics wiring diagram
I have a '99 5.9L Durango 4x4 with 137k miles on it. Over the last few years, I have been handling more and more of the maintenance as I find that I enjoy it, and it saves me quite a few bucks.
Yesterday, I picked up (2) OBD codes. P0753 and P1765, and the transmission defaulted to 'limp mode'. Both of the OBD codes are transmission related, and based on the research I have done on the internet, it seems I am likely to end up replacing the PCM.
Could anyone suggest where I might find a wiring diagram of the transmission electronics? In particular, I am interested in the PCM, relay, and transmission connections.
For those interested in the trouble-shooting:
1. I replaced the ($20) transmission speed sensor output, and it had no effect.
2. Verified the 20A transmission fuse has continuity.
3. I verified the transmission relay is good. I swapped it for the Horn relay which is the same relay type. I also verified the relay coil had a reasonable resistance (75ohms) which happened to be the same as the other relays.
4. I ohm'ed out the PCM middle-connector, pin30 (pink wire) to the fuse/relay box, so I do not believe it is a broken wire/bad connection.
5. Next up is to force a ground onto the pink wire, which from my understanding, should energize the relay, hence powering the stuff downstream in the transmission. Apparently, if this works, I probably have a bad PCM, so I will be looking into getting a new/used one.