1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango CE light on please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Tiny1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Durango CE light on please help!!

My 2k durango has been running fine and still does but tonight while on the freeway stuck in traffic my CE light came on. I got home pulled the code and came up with this
P1195 -1/1 O2 Sensor Slow During Catalyst Monitor. I have notice this distinct rattle sounding for the last month or so kind of like tin and it only did it under acceleration but tonight i notice it no longer does it. Im thinking my Cat is plugged or toast and is no longer rattling which is causing the code??. I also notice a very weird smell when i got home and got out of the car like something was burning. My real question here is what exactly does this code mean and is it bad to continue driving it like this? and what does 1/1 02 mean? is their more than 1 02 under there?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:24 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

there are at least 2 sensors under there, 4 if you have the 4.7l engine

was the burning smell like burning plastic? if so you 02 sensor wires may have come free of the wire loom and have melted to the exhaust pipe, this could be the rattling, the smell, and the reason for the code crawl under and have a look

another option, if the engine smells like it is running rich (raw gas in the exhaust) then you probably have a bad o2 sensor pre-cat causing the truck to run rich (you will probably notice a decrease in gas mileage)

Old 10-02-2010, 01:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

P1195 1/1 02 Sens Slow During Catalyst Monitor

If it is rattling then most likely the CAT insides have come loose from their welds. You most likely need to replace the CAT or CAT's involved. You could try and replace the 02 sensor but I think you are beating a dead horse. Personally, I would try replacing the 02 tho with one from the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango CE light on please help!!