1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

intermittent transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Merchantsailor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent transmission issue

Hi,

I have a 1999 durango 5.9 and i am currently having a intermittent transmission issue. The transmission shifts perfectly through all gear ranges except from 1st to 2nd. It seems as if it is hesitating from the point first gear is disengaged and 2nd gear is engaged. The transmission doesnt appear to be slipping and fluid and filter change was just done, although these symptoms were present before service work was completed.

During service nothing was found that was out of ordinary, there was no unusual wear and fluid was in good condition.

The issue seems more apparent during the heat of the day, with the AC running. It also seems to be accompanied by a noise that could best be describe as sounding like a vaccuum leak.

My questions are has anyone had this issue before? If there is any operation on this specific transmission that requires vaccuum to operate, and what could be causing these issues?

Thank You

Old 10-02-2010, 04:29 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

did you have the shop adjust the bands while the transmission was open? if not it sounds to me like that would fix it, but you have to open the transmission to do that

the next thing i would check is that the tv cable is adjusted properly.

Quick Reply: intermittent transmission issue