1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help! How do you remove fender on a 2001 durango

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
02Rango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea if it wasnt for the engine side i would hve jst put it in already, i know this is the wrong thread but ill try quick be4 i start a new one

any advice on painting it myself? sand-prime-paint? whatkind of sandpaper?primer? and was thinkng o some company out her in slc that makes you a couple cans of color matched paint from your gas cap in a pressurized can?

knowlegable advice muuch appreciated

Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you need to sand before painting (i do it a couple times with a finer grit each time until i have a very fine grit and a nice smooth surface to paint) and then i like to wipe down the surface with a rag damp with paint thinner (dries faster than water, and doesnt cause rust/corrosion) then prime, sand with fine grit, paint, wetsand, paint, wetsand, clear, wetsand clear (2 coats is what i do, some may suggest more)

Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM
02Rango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks, im probably just gunna do to engine bay side for practice and start taking my car apart today, this job is guna suck where im at now wiith less than basic tools.

any headsup on that? i think imma need some sort of elongated punch to remove the rivets in the wheel well, and ill figure out how to get it back on later......?

any other tools i might need to buy?

Quick Reply: Help! How do you remove fender on a 2001 durango