1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fender replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
97TClxiSTL
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender replacement

Picking up a 99 D tonight. Needs to have the front fender replaced. Are the fenders just bolted on or are there any spot welds that will need to be drilled out/welded back? Will either get an aftermarket replacement or oem not sure yet. Have to replace the front headlight but I know how to do that already. Just not sure about the fenders.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:17 PM
logikfive
Professional

They are just bolted on. Not very fun to replace as everything bolts to them in the engine compartment. Passenger side is much easier than the drivers side.

Gotta pull the inner wheel liner out, which will require a special tool to put them back in (Melted rivets) or you can use screws.

Took me about an hour to an hour and a half per side.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 AM
97TClxiSTL
Rookie

That is what I thought. Anyone have any pictures that show where each of the bolts are for the driver side fender? I have a few of the obvious ones out, but know I must be missing some. Inner wheel well cover is already out.

Turns out the truck was owned by a friend of a friend that knows the details on the car. Got it for a song. Inside of the car looks like it just left the showroom.

It's throwing a few codes, but it's just the O2 sensor so I'll go ahead and replace it this week. Other then the body damage on the front it's in great condition.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
97TClxiSTL
Rookie

Got it removed. What a pain, bolts are just everywhere.

Quick Reply: Fender replacement