1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front end rattle??? + no cold air..

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:13 AM
cknsc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end rattle??? + no cold air..

When I drive over reflectors in the road, the left front end of my 99' 5.9 slt rattles. I looked under the truck and could see a metal bracket that goes from one side to the other and the clip that holds it in on the left side is loose, hence the rattle... I THINK! I keep reading post about ball joints and was wondering if this could also cause a rattle and is there further info on a recall?

History of my truck.. at 42,000 miles my engine needed to be replaced due to "sludge".. my warrenty was at 36K, but after I supplied Dodge with receipts of oil changes every 2,500 mi. and a law firm that was ready to take class action against Chrysler they agreed to pay for the repair. At 60k I had to replace the transmission, my car wouldn't go into park and I had to start it in neutral. After taking the tranny apart the rings were shot so I had to get it rebuilt. I have had electrical problems with the windows, my AC went out and am told I need to remove the dash to repair it. I Love my Truck, but I have owned several cars and this one is by far the most problematic. Any advice about the AC or the rattle would be much appreciated

Quick Reply: Front end rattle??? + no cold air..