1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

CV Shaft 01 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:25 PM
cargod1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV Shaft 01 Durango

Here's my issue, Needed to replace my cv axle ( Left side ) got under there with a couple a Prybars and instead of breaking free from the transaxle I noticed the spline coming with due to the rust thats takin over my axle. Now my question is can I just pull this totally out of the transaxle without damage ? Since it's already conected to my axle ? Any help on this would be great.... Gotta work on Monday !

Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
cargod1
Amateur
Thumbs up

Ahhh.. simple fix i found out, the spindle on most Durango's rust quite bad so its easier just to take it put it in a vice and knock it out from there. Bought the axle from rock auto great website. Highly recommended.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's what I PM'ed to you.....LOL

However you already got it I see. I will include that PM with this post to possibly help others when searching.

Anyway, I think I remember the post you are referring to. I think it was the one that when you go to pull the CV Half Shaft the inside splines of the differential (axle) comes with it. This happens a lot. Simply pull the CV including the end piece of the axle and place it in a vice. Now separate the inside axle piece from the old CV without damaging it. Place the axle piece back in the Diff and replace the CV half Shaft. Drink beer, smoke (if you do) then install new CV and hardware. Then tell wife how hard it was and you need a little somethin to help......

Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 PM
cargod1
Amateur

Hey Thanks for the help it worked out !

Quick Reply: CV Shaft 01 Durango