1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

no rear heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
chaswilly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no rear heat

after changing the blower motor in a 2001,no heat in rear.it blows but only cold.worked fine before blower was changed.also changed resistor 2 months before blower motor.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if the blower runs fine i and just blows cold air i would say the rear blend door is misaligned or broken (or the rear heater core is clogged, check the core by feeling the two lines under the truck after it is hot, if they are both warm(one hotter than the other of course) the core is fine, if one is hot and one is cold, or both are cold you have a clogged heater core)

however i think the blend door is the more likely culprit if it blew hot before you replaced the motor, it was proably not reinstalled exactly right

Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
chaswilly

that is what the person that put the blower in said.i just though is was odd that the blend door broke right after the blower motor was changed? isn't the blower in the front of the car and the blend door in the rear?why would you have to reinstall the blend door?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
chaswilly

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
if the blower runs fine i and just blows cold air i would say the rear blend door is misaligned or broken (or the rear heater core is clogged, check the core by feeling the two lines under the truck after it is hot, if they are both warm(one hotter than the other of course) the core is fine, if one is hot and one is cold, or both are cold you have a clogged heater core)

however i think the blend door is the more likely culprit if it blew hot before you replaced the motor, it was proably not reinstalled exactly right
that is what the person that put the blower in said.i just though is was odd that the blend door broke right after the blower motor was changed? isn't the blower in the front of the car and the blend door in the rear?why would you have to reinstall the blend door?

Quick Reply: no rear heat