1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blower issue again...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 AM
evesdropper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower issue again...

The blower on my 2003 SLT stopped working again.

Bought the truck in July 2010 and replaced the resistor to make the blower work again. In September, I replaced the resistor (2nd time) and bought the harness kit and wired it in as the resistor melted the old harness this time. Everything worked great until last week. Blower stopped working completely.

New harness looks fine. I can replace the resistor again but what could be causing it to fry this often? Could the blower motor be just worn out and drawing too much current through the resistor block?

Thanks.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask if you are getting a newly redesigned resistor or one of the older original resistors still located at the parts warehouse.

IndyD

Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
evesdropper

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Ask if you are getting a newly redesigned resistor or one of the older original resistors still located at the parts warehouse.

IndyD
Got it from Napa today. It looks the same as the last one I got and they verified it is the newest design. Any ideas?

Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sounds to me like there is a short in the system somewhere (probalby in the fan) that needs to be tracked down and taken care of

Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

+1 Indy....check the date of manufacturer. Probably one of the few times I would consider dealer.....due to high fail rate they are usually in stock at dealers and you can check date of manufacture. They are reasonably priced and based on the fail rate it probably wouldnt hurt to have a spare on hand...

When you do get the short solved keep your bad resistor for troubleshooting especially if you have to do some wire splicing..... no sense in installing and burning up a brand new resistor. Once you have the final repair done then install the dealer resistor.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 AM
jthiggins33
Default blower motor issue

I have the same problem...i replaced my resistor during the end of the summer and a few days a go my blower stop blowing unless wiggled the resistor...so i unplugged the harness and found it is burnt inside the plug as well and the resistor connection is burnt....the dealer told me the blower is bad causing a high current draw which burnt the harness and resistor....my question is... shouldnt it blow a fuse to prevent it from burning more and causing a fire because it still works sometimes?

Quick Reply: Blower issue again...