1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 AM
chaswilly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor

is it possible to break the blend door for the rear heat while changing the blower motor? aren't they in two different parts of the car.i don't know much about the heating system in a 2001 durango,just trying to get some answers, fell like i am getting hosed by the mechanic.i first had no heat in car,was told to replace resistor which i did,heat worked fine.two months later heat would work one day and not the next,was told to change blower motor,i did.ever since i changed blower motor the heat in rear does not blower hot air only cold.checked every thing possible and came to conclussion it is the bblend door.i just find it very odd.is there a connection on the blower that he could have broken.can anyone give me any info.thanks

Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i believe the rear blend door is in the same area as the rear blower, therefore it is not that hard to imagine bumping it or breaking it by mistake working on the blower, i have never had that part of my truck opened up, there is a thread on here in the last month or so with pictures of the rear hvac system opened up

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...light=pictures

Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 PM
chaswilly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks,do you know if there are two blower motors one for rear and one for front or does just the one control the whole car?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They are separate and each system has their own blower motor for a grand total of 2.

Quick Reply: Blower motor