1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

new durango

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:21 PM
kingkong77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new durango

hey got a 2002 durango and would like so add cool stuff to it and i just dont know what i would like so if u have any idea plz send me some it would be great thanks and have a good day

Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

What kind of mods are you wanting to do? Also what engine do you have, 4.7, 5.2, or 5.9? As far as the engine there is many things to do, just let us better know what you are looking for and what your price range is.

As far as the exterior if you check out IndyDurango has a thread about his truck if you search it and he has a ot of great ideas as far as detail in things you can see, as well as dressing up the engine bay.

You've picked a great forum to start with as there are many knowledgable people as far as parts, performance mods, and visual mods goes.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM
kingkong77

well right now i am up 4 any ideas lol just trying to get alot of ideas then go from there and i have a 4.7 its a SXT

Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
LuxuryDodge
Professional

Well I always had fun adding apperance accesories... like I done, exhuast tip, trailer hitch cover, colored wiperblades, valve caps, wood steering wheel, liscence plate frames, stuff like that, its usually cheap but makes an diffrence and is fun adding stuff

Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM
kingkong77

i think i am wanting stuff that makes mine look like a bad *** lol like maybe with a bull bar and a new exhuast that is not to loud but a sweet sounding one want it to look like its a big truck coming down the road but its just a bad *** durango

Old 01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
LuxuryDodge
Professional

That was my original plan and I might still mix up both the luxury and off road look but unsure yet.... But if I was you I would do this, chrome brush guard, 4 medium size round fog style lights on the roof, 2 large ones on the brush guard, 3in lift all around, 31in or so off road tires, black or chrome cragars, 3in cowl hood, and something in the range of an 2.5 magnaflow catback.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Well first off id recommend a lift. You can do this simply by adding a body or suspension lift. You can also do a torsion bar/shackle lift which isn't too bad to do and instructions are found in the DIY section.

Also you can get a custom off road bumper from many places and this gives the bad *** appeal you're looking for, but a bully bar with some off road lights will do. Also, I'd do a roof rack with some off road light on it and put the spare tire up there.

I'd also throw some 31" tires on it (although with a lift, bigger tires are better!). Also I'd put some dual firestik cb antennas on the roof rack (what I'm personally waning to do with my cb radio).

For the inside, I'd put an Alpine radio deck with a slide out monitor and do a custom dash. In the back I'd just leave it alone, maybe add a rear seat entertainment under the seats and put monitors in the drive/passenger side headrests.

Now for the powertrain:
I'd do an Edelbrock intake manifold and a Fastman 52mm throttle body. I'd also overhaul it and put mopar Performance heads and get flat head pistons. I'd also get a performance tuned PCM flash by B&G in order for greatest performance gain. If I wanted a stock replaceable mod I'd just get a SuperChips programmer and run a custom performance tune.

I'd get custom short headers and do a custom exhaust setup. This would incoude dual MagnaFlow high flow CATs on either side coming from the headers and do dual MagnaFlow mufflers and have the exit just before the wheels. I'd also have a full 3" piping right out of the headers.

I'd re-do the gearing in the pumpkins to 4.56 in order o increase towing and ease of pulling a 7,000# trailer. If I were going for dragstrip like performance I'd go with 3.13 or 3.55 gearing in the rearend.

This is personally what I would do and hope to achieve in the future.

Last edited by WhiteWidow00; 01-20-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
kingkong77

lol well thank guys sounds like to think about lol the thing is i dont have the money 4 all of that lol but i will be think about doing some of that i like the bull bar with lights on them then a exhust

how do i get to the radio i have my own stero im trying to get put in just takeing time

Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would like to find a OEM 1998-1999 year unit.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Biff85ta
Professional

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
I would like to find a OEM 1998-1999 year unit.
I have one but the display is kinda screwy it drops in and out. I replaced it with a pioneer unit so I could use a flash drive for music.

Quick Reply: new durango