1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fold-out 7" DVD in 01 RT

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
xthumpx
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fold-out 7" DVD in 01 RT

I want to put a single din Alpine 7" touchscreen in my '01 D R/T, my only concern is the dashboard overhang: Will the automatic sceen fold out and hit dashboard when opens up? Lookin for feedback from anyone who has perfomed this operation before lol. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:30 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Short answer is no. I had the Alpine system you're looking at and it worked fine. It slides out about an inch before the screen is.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
xthumpx
Amateur

Thanks Widow that's what I was looking for.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

I had that same question when I purchased mine.... but I did some rough test fittings with Best Buy Audio and we were fine.....The default setting is the screen slides back from the dash.....then folds up 90 degrees..then the tray slides in a bit. Once you get the initial setting there should be a setting on the monitor display to change the angle....this helps the angle for bettter visibility from the drivers seat and reduces glare. The monitor slides only a couple of degrees at a time so you can get it close to the dashboard shelve overhang and not hit it.

NOTE: My flip out is a Kenwood KVT series but I would be pretty certain that most makers should be pretty much the same dimensions.... I am pretty sure that Indy D has an Alpine flip out.....when he chimes in that should help.

If you want some photos..pm me. I have had mine installed for over a year and no issues with getting caught on the dashboard "SHELVE"

Good luck but you should be fine. If you are in doubt then install power, ground and install wiring minus the speakers get a good test fit....then go back in and wire the speakers.

Quick Reply: Fold-out 7" DVD in 01 RT