1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 durango code question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM
melodytoinvent
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 durango code question

first off..i apologize for the bad grammar and punctuation. im on my phone and for some reason it doesnt let me do certain things. so my mom stopped by cause her durango had a light on. its an 01 slt 4x4 with the 4.7. did the key cycle and used a scanner to check the code. got po734 gear 4 ratio incorrect on the scanner and saw the chart on here that said pretty much the same. other than that all i can tell you is that the light was only on for a day and she didnt let it warm up and we live in michigan with cold winters lol. so what could the problem be or what could have caused it? thanks ahead of time guys.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

not letting it warm up is not the cause of that problem, modern fuel injected vehicles do not need to be warmed up to run correctly, yes efficiency goes up when the engine warms up, however its not necessary to warm it up, once the oil pressure comes up you are all set. (besides, the transmission doesnt warm up until you start driving anyway)

however the first place to start with any transmission problem is to check the fluid w/ everything at operating temperature (need to drive min of 15 miles, and check with the transmission in nuetral and the engine running) make sure it doesnt look or smell burnt and is up to the proper temperature. if everything checks out i would call it a computer bug (false code) and not worry about it unless it comes back on (im taking it as the code turned itself off)

Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Since you got the P0734 code, how does the transmission shift? Because there has been a problem with accumulator plate.This will cause gear ratio errors in 3rd or 4th gears.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 AM
melodytoinvent
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i know warming it up wouldnt effect it..was just saying thats about as much details as i can give ya cause i wasnt driving haha. but yeah shes works like a block a way so if shes working today i plan on checking all the fluids for her. yeah the light was on for no more than a day and shut off on its own. to master tech...ive only driven it a few times and that was weeks ago but it shifted fine then..i did drive it down the road yesterday but didnt make it past 1st or 2nd (i was in the middle of a snow storm in the middle of town) so i cant really tell ya how it shifted otherwise.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Thats okay, When the weather gets better. Then let us know.

Quick Reply: 01 durango code question