1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

I Luv my 2003 Durango BUT....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
NoSmiles4U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I Luv my 2003 Durango BUT....

I luv my 2003 Durango, but I receive crappy service at the dealerships. My dealership experiences would prevent me from ever, ever, ever purchasing any Chrysler products. Snethcamp on Plymouth and Telegraph rip me off and didn't repair my vehicle.

I complained to Chrysler and their solution was to provide me with a years worth of free oil changes. Fine, no big deal.

I phoned Northland on 8 mile in Oak Park, MI they told me they closed at 6, and I could come in at 4. At 4 I couldn't be serviced because they were "really backed up" and the techs leave at 5, although they close at 6. Fine, no big deal.

I immediately went to Snethcamp on Woodward in Highland Park, MI. Made it there at 4:24. I was very impressed with the cleanliness. But after waiting several minutes for someone to appear the young man couldn't locate a tech to ask if my car could be serviced at the time, because get this. They close at 6 but the techs leave at 5.
I am very dissatisfied with the consistant horrible service I receive.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

This is why I don't go to a dealership. Every dealership is like this, and I'd recommend looking for a reputable mechanic that won't rip you off and treat you like you should.

Every dealer that I've ever dealt with whether it be GM, Lincoln, or Dodge has been this way that you feel.

I'd have to say the Lincoln (Ford) dealership was the worst. My wife took it in to get an ignition coil fixed because I was out of town and it ended up being a 4 day, $280 bill and it was fixed but I wish she had just got a loaner car from my shop if it came to that.

If you want to continue bringing your vehicle to a dealership, get used to it no matter what brand it is.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i agree with widow, no matter what brand the dealerships are all going to be that way,

and btw VW and BMW are BOTH MUCH WORSE (my mom and sister like their german cars . . .)

Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Yeah shrp, 180% agreed. My dad took his BMW in about 10 years back and they charged him an arm and a leg and it was in there 2 weeks for something I can't even remember but it was along the lines of a tune-up.

That was the last time he ever took any German car to a dealership!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
01 6.3L RT
Professional

I sometimes go to the dealer here ...'' Okanagan Dodge ''//i would so recomend this Dealership, .They have the small town attitude.(Even though we have over 150,000 people).more leaning towards quality.... not push as many as we can thru in a day.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

Not to mention ur paying 85 bucks an hour to watch the stealer tech drink a soda while "working" on ur car. Not to mention the book said 2 hours, the tech finished in 30 mins, i got charged the full two hours. Havn't been back since.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:44 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

I would make a case to the BBB. If the dealer advertises that they are open till 6.pm then the dealer needs to have mechanics there until 6. Sounds like just the type of false advertising that attorney generals, BBB and news investigative reporters love to get a hold of.. Start with the GM....If they need to adjust the techs schedules or pay overtime than that is their problem.

Quick Reply: I Luv my 2003 Durango BUT....