1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help with a sat nav for my Durango

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
It_was_the_Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a sat nav for my Durango

Hi guys and girl!

I just got a my first Durango and I just would like help getting a build in sat nav for it. it is a 2000 Dodge Durango V8 magnum 5.2L (i think its the 5.2 version). Can it fit the type of sat nav that has the screen "bolted" in or does the screens that fold into the dashboard the only one that can fit? thanks for the help

Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

The screen has to fold out if you don't want to do any manipulating or fabricating to the dash.

The size aftermarket radio/nav that you can fit is a Single-DIN size. HTH

For reference, this is what I had in mine:

http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...n-Package.html

Old 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
It_was_the_Dodge

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:15 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

+2 white...good choice I got the same GPS add on but mine was a little earlier in the KVT series KVT-514

Also +2 on Techronics. I got my Stereo and GPS through Amazon but the Infinity speakers Reference CF 6022i I believe....were ordered them through Techronics...About $70 a set which included shipping. Due to finances at the time I ordered in separate shipments but still great speakers. Total plug and play only thing I needed was a Adapter kit for the factory wiring harness. Best Buy $14 a set. Not mandatory but avoided the splicing.. I just connected the power/ground and the other end into to the factory harness.

As they say "Go big or go home" I also added a XM weather/traffic antenna $200, back up camera and the XM interface unit. Although the weather and premium traffic subscription lapsed I still have the XM radio portion and get dedicated traffic channels in most major cities.

The back up camera was from E bay for about $30.

Add in a Ipod adapter cable and USB adapter cable I can listen to my I pod.....IF I had one....I am still in MP3' ville U.S.A Most of my music has been transferred to two USB flash drives...one for music and one for comedy.

So my entertainment selection goes like this. USB/FLASH DRIVE MP3, CD, XM satellite radio....regular radio.....and although not done.....DVD.....If any or all of those fail I could go old school and talk to my passenger/girlfriend. As long as I am not talking to the state trooper....right?

I could add a Blue tooth and HD radio tuner but I already have portable bluetooth and I have no intentions of moving the dashboard out again anytime soon.

If you are looking for satellite make sure you get one that is SATELLITE READY. ALthough Sirrius and XM merged some equipment was developed pre merger so might only work with one or the other...the basic differences for me...I prefer XM... programming is basically the same but SPORTS is one of the key differences Sirrius NASCAR XM: Major League Baseball

Last edited by MAGIC84; 03-11-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with a sat nav for my Durango