1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

To the guys who helped me....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
CharlieEscobar
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To the guys who helped me....

I'm the guy with the "strange problem with the ecm and a fire" AND "engine dying for no apparent reason" threads.

I've gotten the bugs worked out. I don't want to flap my gums too much- but in short the dying and stuttering were caused by several reasons and components.

My mechanic (a fellow resto hobbyist like me) is a sharp cookie- he's been around, but this D's problems had him baffled.

Over the last week we eliminated the problems, one by one- and each fix exposed another problem (each one less serious as we went).

I'm an old forum hound- been participating in various forums for years (jeep-cj, ford enthusiast, classic suzuki, etc). I'm a firm believer in the forum medium to save time, headaches, and money.

I joined this one about a week ago, and had some serious D problems I needed help with. What did I find? Some serious, hard core- lead pipe swingin *****'s that know their business and know D's.

We found each and EVERY problem based on YOUR knowledge and experience. I can't even imagine the money I saved because of you.

I mean this in the most appreciative and respectful way-

THANK YOU GUYS

This forum is BY FAR the most concise and technically supportive mechanical arena I've ever seen.

You guys are the assassins of troubleshooting and again, THANK YOU.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

Although I wasnt personally involved in your situation thanks for the kudos...

But a personal kudo to you for your suggestion about welding the extension to the socket for future use on r/r spark plugs.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 AM
CharlieEscobar
Professional

Well thanks, but to be fair another guy said it first. Some of those little tips and tricks aren't easy to recall. We've just done em' and its part of the ole' tool box. Its surprising when you look at some ones' shop- all the little tools and accessories that they've picked up over the years. I have em' too, and I recall them all to you. I just encounter a problem or job, and just reach for that old trick tool I've had for years.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

Well your right, I reread the post. Either way a good idea.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Man I'm glad you got everything worked out without having to bring it to a dealer. With computer problems the book way over exadurates the time required on those things.

That and they would have charged you $180 in diagnostic fees alone! Good to know we can help fellows out!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:57 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

glad that we could help you out, and glad that you got it all figured out w/o going to dealer, its always nice to hear that people do appreciated our time/effort on here.

and all that we ask in return is that you post up what the solution to your specific problem was(in the thread on it) so that it is there for others who might need it.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
CharlieEscobar
Professional

Ok will do

Quick Reply: To the guys who helped me....