1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ABS troubles help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup just unscrews from the top of the housing if you ever do need to get it out. It uses magnetics to count rotations instead of a silver and black sticker and light a sensor so I wouldn't worry about it getting dirty, I heard 5000 pulses from it = 1 mile on the odometer. If your speedometer is working and you don't have a MIL light on then it's working fine, if it does fail, then your output speed sensor will take over and you'll get a code.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:05 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is how you replace the rear ABS/Speed sensor: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ensor-diy.html

Now we move to the transmission output sensor. This is on the drivers side of the transmission half way up. Get a replacement from the dealer.....IMHO

Now we get to the front ends. Only about 1/2 of Durangos have front ABS sensors. You can tell this by looking at the front wheel bearings for wires on each side. If one of these sensors are bad it would cause the issue.

Lastly the ABS module.

Hi I have 2000 2d slt and I replaced my drums rotors,and brake pads but now i think it's my abs the light is not on. but when braking at fast speed i know abs holds and let's go and repeats but it does it once only in my truck and keeps going. what is the problem? a sensor?
dcfox43<-------Yours sounds like you need to replace your brake fluid. When was the last time?

Old 03-19-2011, 09:48 PM
dcfox43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks hydrashocker i seen the thread and it looks very helpful now i will wait for not a raining day and try it out

Quick Reply: ABS troubles help