1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dodge Durango Shelby SP360 - Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
ildar
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!
who knows what head gaskets is necessary on my engine Bore(in) 4.200 or 4.040 or 4,180 ? I think that the next thickness is necessary to me 2.5mm thick?
simply I got confused here many different head gaskets with different Diameter of the cylinder.
My head gaskets leaked. oil and antifreeze started to leave
http://www.netgaskets.com/category_s/451.htm
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cg...-040/overview/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOOu7bne7o

Last edited by ildar; 11-26-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:40 PM
silman99
Banned
Default Cool car but.... I had one of these for a few years

I bought one of these Super pursuit 360's (Shelby). I owned and used car starting in 99 up to 2005. I wanted to share my experience , and gripes. First off, Shelby basically has nothing to do with car ! He simply sold his name to be put on car. To me that's beyond cheezy and quite a sell out , of the highest degree.The car came with a undercarriage stock spare, that will not fit the vehicle. I found out 185 miles from home and a 650$ flatbed bill later.Kinda F'ed up for a 60k plus ride. Next the car only takes high octane gas. Which means if your local gas station rips you on gas quality , you could almost kiss your motor goodbye.Car had led knock sensor display on dash. It went off all the time I had car . In the low end of bar graph at first. If you really got on throttle it would flash throught the bar scale. The Kenny Bell super charger was a joke , performed at about 25% reliability vs a different brand. Also really unsettling - if you try to seek technical support Keene bell or Shelby its a JOKE. The special brake package , was problematic. Mine squeeeled and chattered on many occasion. Did several rebuilds, $$$, Try getting rotors for a custom sp 360, that they made 175 of ? good luck. Plus the weght of this big car and the fastness of it, Rips thru brake pads and rotors in no time . New brakes every 12-15 K miles . very expensive. The good qualities of the car , were the very cool 4 bucket interior. Also when hwy riding car was a beast accelerated great on highway trips. Made for a fast hwy cruiser. I liked the car but overall , Id say I was badly let down by the people involved making the car. Mine ended up with a trashed motor sold it for a song .

Old 11-29-2014, 10:48 AM
ildar
Amateur

Hello!
silman99 thank you.

I need your help again)))
I have a 408 stroker, if you're interested I can show my specifications for equipment.
after installing the engine in the car, I had to vibration speeds above 3000 tachometer.
after I installed PowerForce Harmonic Dampers 80012 without counterweights and neutral flexplate 318 magnum (5.2)
little vibration there, that I need to do?
install the converter from the motor 5.2 or remove from my converter counterweights?
I will be grateful for your help.

ps 408 stroker with a supercharger goes not very

Old 12-03-2014, 11:44 AM
ildar
Amateur

Scat Engine Rotating Assemblies 1-48035BI, Actual Engine CID:408
Professional Products PowerForce Harmonic Dampers 80012 no weights
Flexplate 5.2 magnum
Crane Hydraulic Roller Camshafts 708511

Quick Reply: Dodge Durango Shelby SP360 - Need Help!!!